Monday, February 19, 2024

Seeing Spots

 

It took me two tries to get the right dots for the background fabric for my February quilt but I hit the jackpot at Missouri Star. Both of these are perfect. 



Now comes my favorite part of this process, appliqueing the rings down to the background fabric blocks. It's pretty mindless so I can really get into listening to a good audiobook or podcast. 




I've only got one hexie finished though. It's going in the middle after I get all the paper pieces pulled out and give it a good pressing. 




I've got a little sewing basket all ready with everything I need to make those hexies sitting right by the TV but every night I ignore it. I need to change that. 




And......down in the soap room I put some Sea Salt and Yuzu in the mold on Friday. Unlike the problem child, this one behaved just fine. It's a new-to-me fragrance and I really like it.




It looks nice too. It's got two colors of sea salt on the top.  And Cindy you are right, I'm pretty sure now the issue with the Problem Child was the temperature because.....




....that thick caramel thing happened again with the Honeysuckle soap I made on Saturday. I was in a rush so I didn't let the lye cool down to room temperature like I usually do and instead of white, light green and pale yellow I got beige, pea soup green and gold.



Not bad but there's some weird polka dotty thing happening between the yellow and white. I'd like to think it was something I planned and pulled off-but it did it all on its own. 








 




7 comments:

  1. Very pretty colors in that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking good! I think those polka dots in the soap are special - just like in knitting where we sometimes call errors "design elements".

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least all of your adventures with the soap look great!!!! The new background is just right for the hexie -rings! The sewing basket looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hexies are going to be beautiful! I like the soap, although it seems slightly fall-ish rather than spring-ish to me. But then again, it kinda reminds of a daffodil so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hexies are relaxing to make and the stitch down. The background fabrics are perfect for them project. I love both of the soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is lovely, great colors! The soaps will be good smelling and pretty! 😁xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete