Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

The same day I packed up the snowman, I packed up the Christmas Quaker. I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up so away it went. On my stitching table I have several other projects in plain sight but I didn't want to work on them either. The Village Quaker is too spring-like. It needs to wait. Matter's House is too Halloween-so nope.  Up on the pegboard is my Beatrix Potter crewel project but it was a no too because.....crewel. 



So what do you do now? You find something new of course. I bought this kit years and years ago so I thought I'd start it. It's nice and generic-no holiday or seasonal issues but look at that floss. No labels. No names. I had to match it all up with the pattern and put it on bobbins. It was a tangled mess. 




While I was carrying on about all that unmarked and badly tangled floss, The Mister popped his head in the room, saw I was starting something new and asked if I had finished something. Ha. If only he knew. In addition to the ones in plain sight on the table, all those envelopes hold a stitching project in the works. I really do need to ditch some of them. 





This new one is called Tea Time by Design Works. Upon close inspection it doesn't look terrible easy. There's a lot of color changes in those little cups of tea.





 I thought about challenging my self to do one block a month but I know better. Not gonna happen. I could barely get a bit of one border done before I had to deal with some catastrophe or other. It's always something.




And......something else showed up in the mail yesterday from 123 Stitch. I went looking for a Valentine's Day project and found this instead. I'm hoping it will fill in that gap between Christmas and spring. We'll see. 








8 comments:

  1. Your new projects look very nice. I have an all red one that's been sitting for years (Moulin Rouge by Long Dog Samplers), but I get bored stitching all in one color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a wealth of stitching to choose from! I started one a few months ago after decades of not stitching and my enthusiasm waned after sorting the floss and seeing how many color changes there were. The picture I have in my mind of stitching contentedly doesn't match real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the new projects are very pretty! I'm going to be kept very busy with my butterflies for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've chosen two beautiful new projects. The teacups are really nice and pretty and the redwork looks very elegant. But all of the unfinished projects would drive me nutso. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two pretty projects--both have their appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I look at those charts with all those color changes and think 'why? why?'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your two new stitching projects are just beautiful! All those bags holding stitching projects in the works would drive me crazy. I am not good at switching between numerous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe we need to get together. I love to start and finish projects but am horrible about the middle part of them. It actually pains me a little bit when you put projects away for later because I know if it was me, once that project gets put away, that's the end of it. I'll never get it back out again. It may as well go in the trash. I really hope you stick with the tea cups. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete