Thursday, February 22, 2024

Hemming and Hawing

 

All I have left to do on this towel is to weave the hem. I've been dragging my feet about it because.....



....I still haven't finished winding the warp that needs to go on the loom next. I'm close. I hope by this weekend to have it done. 




Down in the soap room I made more Avalon yesterday. It was a new-to-me fragrance that was part of last spring's giveaway. It smells like ripe strawberries to me. 




It came out rather odd looking. It never ceases to amaze me how I can do the same thing over and over with each batch and always get such different results. You'd think that every bar would look the same because I pour the same way each time. It never does. 







8 comments:

  1. The new soap looks like Lily Pulitzer fabric. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The towel on the loom looks lovely and springy. I hope you finish it soon so you can use it. The sopa is quite pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avalon looks wonderful! I think it's magic that you never know how the finished product will look in spite of how you try to control the mix/colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your projects! That new soap is beautiful, and it will be fun to see your finished towel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful weaving!!!! I wish I hadn't been so hasty in selling my floor loom! Anyway--the new towels look great! I hated tying on the new warp and I watched on YouTube today about just tying on to the old warp and pulling it through so it is all sleyed without all the hassle! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete