Tuesday, February 13, 2024

If You Tame Me...

 

I had to say goodbye to my winter warrior kitty yesterday.


After 14 years of living the TNR feral cat life outside, her choice not mine, she shocked us in November by walking in the door and never going back out. Being the mother of all but one of my inside kitties, she ruled the roost.



But my happiness at finally having her inside with me was short lived. 




She went downhill fast, lost a lot of weight and stopped eating. Over the weekend she had trouble walking. After a lot of heartache, I made the terrible decision yesterday that it was her time. True to form, my wild, independent girl passed away peacefully in the car on her way to the vet. She was actually never the same after we lost her daughter, Thelma, in 2022. They were inseparable. 




I know it was a gift that I got to spend so much time with her at the end but it still hurts like hell today not having her under my feet. She's been my little shadow ever since she decided to come inside. I spoiled the heck out of her. After years of worrying myself sick over her well-being I spent a fortune on cat beds and fancy food. I cooked her chicken and made her bone broth. Nothing was too good for her.




Goodbye Mommy, my raggedy wildcat. I hope Thelma was waiting on the other side of Rainbow Bridge for you. 





 


9 comments:

  1. So sad for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your long-time companion. Maybe she could sense she was nearing the end and came inside because she knew you would take extra special care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. You gave her a very good life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure Bonny has it right. You gave her love and good times, and a lovely tribute too. I'm shedding a tear or two and sending hugs for her and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it sure does cause tears and you will keep on missing her. I am down to only two girls after being a crazy cat lady with 9 cats only 7 years ago.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. She came in to give you both a gift before her time was up. It's never easy to say goodbye, but she knew she was in safe hands with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so very, very sorry about this. Yes it was a terrible decision but also the most loving one you could make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad for your loss! It is heartbreaking and the only disadvantage of pet ownership. I hope the time will come when you can enjoy the memories without tears.

    ReplyDelete