Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Second Wave

 

I thought I was doing okay with the whole losing Mommy cat thing until I got a call from the grief counselor at the emergency clinic I took her to on Monday. She wanted to know how I was and to tell me Mommy's "memory box" was ready for pickup. The Mister, Pup and I made the long trip out to get it and bring her home. Not a fun day in spite of some good car knitting on the Big Gray Blob. Not even stopping to get lunch at Panera helped lift my spirits. Even though I've been through this part of the process many, many times the wave of sadness always surprises me. Oh, well...she's home now and life goes on.



Keeping busy always helps and there was soap to be made and soap to be unmolded and cut. On Monday I made Coconut. It looks like a hot fudge sundae. I could eat a hot fudge sundae. Stress makes me skinny but sad makes me eat. I've murdered a bag of potato chips and a bag of jelly beans this week. I am happy to report I have NOT yet torn into the Thin Mints. 




The Coconut looks promising. It smells a bit like coconut and more like an Almond Joy.Darn it.  Now I want one of those too. 









7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to tell me that the reason we were so sad when a person or pet died was simply because we loved them so much, and you did. Those thin mints sound pretty darn good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking up the remains from vet is always the worst! Sending big hugs - and I'd take you out for a sundae if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If indulging makes you feel a bit better, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry. Grief is like that--it sneaks back up on you and knocks you right back down.
    The soap is beautiful-I love Almond Joys, too. I can't believe I have gained 5 pounds while being sick these 3 weeks; it is an additional misery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and sending hugs. It's just a process we have to go through and some days (like yesterday for you) are much harder than others. I experienced the sudden death of one of my cats a few months ago. I still shed a tear or two each day. I found that it helped to write my feeling down on paper and let the tears flow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm astonished (and heartened) that there's a grief person at the vet's. How terrific. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete