Saturday, February 17, 2024

Take Me To Your Leader

 

It looks like a space ship showed up on my deck. That's my new heat deflector for my Solo Stove. The fire is very pretty but the heat goes straight up in the air so I splurged on one of these. My Valentine's Day gift from The Mister were those long fork/skewer things for my marshmallows. We may even try a hot dog/veggie dog one night. 



Speaking of splurging, Taylor and Stevie both got new gowns this week. I know, it's getting ridiculous....



...but if I have the choice between shopping for little doll dresses in the middle of the night or looking at the news, doll dresses are by far the better choice. I even strung up a little clothesline for them in the sewing room after storage became an issue. 



And.....the problem child soap didn't turn out too terribly. This is the one that unexpectedly turned thick and caramel colored because of an overdose of honey. I had no choice but to plop it in the mold, bang it down and hope for the best. The fragrance is called Awaken and it's a very strong mixed citrus so this tequila sunrise effect may actually be better than what I had planned. 





4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that buying doll dresses would work for me, but I heartily applaud you for finding a coping mechanism that fits you! Looking at the news is rarely a good idea, especially in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new soap-sounds and looks great! The clothes line display is perfect--kinda like a row of pennants! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little clothes line - perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete