Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Broken Hearts and Flowers



After all the Monday drama, I had to hit the ground running yesterday morning because Pup had a long standing vet appointment for her shots. It takes ages to get an appointment anymore so I didn't want to cancel even though the vets is the last place I wanted to be. Pup is a handful at the vets. If you recall, that's how she ended up having hip surgery after she fell off the table getting her nails trimmed. It took 4 people to hold her down to get the blood drawn for her heartworm check and it still took several tries. Note the bandaged leg. 



After all that excitement we took her for a walk at the beach and then got her some chicken nuggets. I think all is forgiven. We had rain, then snow, then sunshine yesterday. It was a weather roller coaster. 


 

 As for Valentine's Day, I did manage to get this much done on the Hearts and Flowers rug project before all the stuff hit the fan around here. I consider February Valentine's month so I will still be working on it until March. 



We've got no plans for today but I did buy myself some new red Crocs. My old ones, which were the first ones I ever bought, were like flat tires. It was time to retire them. That's a Care Bear with a heart Jibbitz I decorated them with. The socks are oldies but goodies that were knit with some of Valerie's yarn. I save them for February.




And....let me show off the cookies my DIL made for her Lunar New Year celebrations last weekend.  How gorgeous are they?

Happy Valentine's Day...and thank you for all your kind words on my recent loss. After all the critters I've loved and lost over the years, you'd think I'd be good at it but it never gets easier, does it? 





9 comments:

  1. Nope. It never, ever gets easier, but we still bring them in an love them while we can. You are such a blessing to all of the critters that you've rescued and loved.
    Glad Pup's visit is over and she's forgiven you. She looks quite spiffy in her sweater as you do in your new crocs and beautiful socks.
    Happy Valentine's Day my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't seem fair that you had to go to the vet, but you did manage to get Pup her shots. It's hard to imagine four people having to hold down that little dog, but she certainly must be feisty. I've been hearing about Valentine's Day ever since Christmas, but those Lunar New Year cookies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter-in-law is like a magician with the cookies she makes. These are gorgeous! I'm glad pup survived the visit to the vet and got some well-deserved chicken nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it doesn't get easier! The new hooking project is very pretty! Those cookies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never gets easier. You learn to live with it, but each loss takes a little bit of your heart with them.

    Your DILs cookies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently Jem is a handful at the vet too (and being big, she's hard to handle). The vet gave Mom and Dad some sedatives to give her about an hour or so before each vet visit - makes the visits a lot easier. They don't knock her out, just calm her enough they can get through needles etc without all the drama. Maybe that's something your vet can do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did ask the vet about that. I don't want to risk her getting injured again. They said they would do that for her the next time she has to come in.

      Delete
  7. OH MY those cookies! Amazing! Nope, it never gets easier because love is strong, as are you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies are pretty amazing!

    It never gets easier losing one of your babies. And some just really are extra special and it hurts more. Just think though - she has lots of company to enjoy Valentine's Day with.

    Take care. xoxo

    ReplyDelete