Thursday, February 15, 2024

Over and Over

 

Daughter sent me this photo of the surprise she set up for the Grand yesterday morning. 



That reminded me of one of my favorite books. I gifted this to Daughter in 1990 and read it to my class every year. 





In the book the little girl's parents surprise her on Valentine's morning with a table full of cards and sweets. Sandflies sent me a sweet surprise yesterday. A box of See's candies are always a welcome surprise. Thanks so much!




I've always been a big fan of Valentine's Day. So much so that it was the day of my wedding to The First Mister on a snowy Friday night in a little white church. It was a simple affair. My mom made the dress. my headpiece, the bouquet and the cake. The whole family pitched in to make a couple of plates of heart shaped sandwiches for the reception. 




How many brides can turn their wedding dresses into a Halloween costume? I sure did. For years afterwards. 






7 comments:

  1. Adorable! ❣️Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed that book when my kids were growing up. I need to go to the library so I can see it in person. Love your wedding dress to Raggedy Ann conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your Grand had a fun day! I've never heard of that book (Over and Over). Your first Mister looks like a guy I knew in college!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's the way to do a wedding! Weddings are so overdone and expensive now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tradition to share! I love your memory photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this post! The table set up is so wonderful. Wish I would have thought of that when I had kids. See's candies are yummy and finally...your dress and it's afterlife. How fun is that? Wish I could have seen that. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete