Saturday, February 3, 2024

Spring Fever

 

I don't actually have spring fever. In fact, I hate the warmer months around here. Too muggy. Too buggy. What I have is the fever to make spring SOAP.  My supply order just came and I am wildly excited. 



I've also been gathering up some new-to-me additions. If you have an allergy or sensitivity to any of these things sing out in the comments or contact me. I really would like to know before I get started. 




I've got some new scents too. I'll be mostly making some the more popular ones I've made before like lemon and vanilla but I always like to try something new. Notice the Dark Chocolate. 



It's for this. I LOVE the natural smell of shea and cocoa butter and just a drop or two of the chocolate scent enhances it nicely. I usually use the deodorized and whitened version of both as not to interfere with color or scents. My chocolate soap has never been a popular bar with other people but I love it. I've been dreaming about it all winter.




These are for da Lime in the Coconut which smells amazing. I use coconut oil and coconut milk all the time but now I am going to try some coconut butter. Should be interesting.  
All this fun is going to start on the 10th. That's when my lye is supposed to show up. Until then I'll be playing chemist and working up formulas so again....any issues-let me know. I'm happy to accommodate your needs if you promise to take some off my hands. 








8 comments:

  1. All of it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ingredients sound like they would smell wonderful, and maybe some of them would even taste good, too. Happy Soap Making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times ahead in your laboratory! :-) The dark chocolate sounds wonderful to me since I'm a chocoholic and trying not to eat it right now.
    Have a great time!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to hear how the formulas work out. This is a great array of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a lot of fun in store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're in for some fun! I love your soaps and your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! It looks like you are going to have so much fun experimenting. I would probably get hungry mixing some of those fragrances. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate scented things always smell more like cocoa scented chemicals to me but now I can't stop thinking about a chocolate & sea salt combo. And of course I'm already singing Put the lime in da coconut...

    ReplyDelete