Monday, February 26, 2024

Knit News

 

Even though I knit every day, morning and night, I rarely post about it because nothing of interest has been happening-until this weekend. Riddari is finally joined together. Woo hoo....that's a milestone. 



I reached another big milestone on the worsted weight gray blob. I've got a pocket. My first. It's not quite finished. I'm working up the nerve to do the three needle bind off at the bottom. For some reason it's freaking me out. 




No milestones with the fingering weight gray blob but it's progressing very nicely towards the ribbing. 





I gave my new heat deflector a try on Saturday and it worked nicely. After toasting a few marshmallows....




I got to work on that handspun sock. I've turned the heel and am heading down the foot so I guess that's a milestone for it. 




And look who's been out of time out. I told myself every time I reach a milestone on the blobs I can put a row or two on Bon Amie. I have to keep it out of sight because it's potato chip knitting. When I pick it up I never want to put it down or work on anything else. 





Not knitting but still a yarny pursuit, it's Audun on its third row. I don't get to work on it very often because....knitting but when I do pick it up I really enjoy working on it. 




As for soap, I re-did the chocolate soap and this time used deodorized shea butter instead of the natural smelling one. The mix of the two natural scented butters was not pleasant. No sirree.



I'm happy to report that using just the natural scented cocoa butter made a world of difference. I know chocolate soap isn't for everybody but I really like it. I have to take a break from soap making for the next few days because I'm out of a few things I need. Up next are my unscented batches and I certainly don't want to skimp on any of the good things for them. 









6 comments:

  1. You are certainly a woman with many crafty pursuits! Riddari looks like a sweater and you have finished much of the knitting on the gray blobs. I think that if you can do the complicated fair isle knitting on Bon Amie so nicely you are more than capable of managing a three needle bind off. Have courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see all of the progress on the knitting-those sweaters are really coming along! I think I agree that the Bon Amie would be hard to ignore--I love colorwork knitting! I found some superwash yarn when digging through to find the weaving wool and I just might try socks out of it! Thanks for the inspiration! The Audon blocks look stunning in its rows--good job! And the soap looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a LOT of gray blob knitting. I'd have a very hard time putting Bon Ami down. It's all beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many beautiful projects in the works! I can't even pick a favorite. They are all just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My head is spinning with all your knitting! It's great!

    ReplyDelete