Saturday, February 24, 2024

M's and O's

 

The warp is wound so you know what that means.



It's time to cut that towel off the loom. This always gives me the heebie jeebies. 




So far, so good. Now I've got to hem it and throw it in the wash and see what I get. I'm hoping it does some serious shrinking. It's not only loosey-goosey, it's long. This is it folded in half.



 
The name of this draft is Towels in M's and O's by Kathleen Farling published in Handwoven magazine in case you are wondering. It's supposed to look like this but mine certainly doesn't. I must have done something wrong somewhere.




Down in the soap room I poured some Cucumber Melon in the mold. 




It's not too terrible looking and it smells really good. I'll take this one as a win. 





4 comments:

  1. I don't see Ms or Os in the pattern at all, but I do like the colors. Here's hoping for shrinkage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! It looks fine to me. That is really pretty soap, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weaving looks great, I must dig my loom out sometime, but I'm a bit intimidated by it. Love the sound of cucumber melon soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the towel looks good! The warping board threads look great! And cucumber melon?!!!!! I love that fragrance!

    ReplyDelete