Sunday, February 18, 2024

Lost and Found

 

Remember that half brother that appeared on my family tree after I did a 23 and Me DNA test a few months ago? My sisters and I met him and his family yesterday for lunch. The sweet man brought us orchids and lovely notes. We shared stories and photos. He felt like family.



I have to say it was rather strange at first to be sitting across the table from this guy again. The resemblance was uncanny. Dear Daddio, what secrets you had. What a life you lived. I could write a book. 




6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your half-brother sounds like a kind and thoughtful person and that you felt like family. Some people need to keep secrets but they often come out in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago my sister and I found out my parents had a child before us. He died shortly after birth. They never told us. I’ve wondered what a brother may have made my life different. As youngest my sister told me I wouldn’t have happened. Did you ever meet him before? Did he have contact with your dad. We must know more.
    Cheryl
    Seajaes on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, thoughtful gift. Hope you have many good times with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am glad the meeting went well! How thoughtful of him to bring orchids! Did he know about you guys or was he surprised, too?! Sorry if I am being too impertinent...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonus family! Hope it’s wonderful for everyone.
    xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete