Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wednesday Watercolors

 

I was downstairs working on some soap wrapping do dads....



...when I got the bug to take out my watercolors. It's been a long time.




Ages ago I was working through this book trying to take what I know about painting flowers and trying to translate it into watercolor. It's not as easy as it looks.




I've always been fascinated with painted flowers. My grandmother had a lot of china things that were hand painted by a friend. I inherited this one. 





Years ago  my mom and I took a tole painting class. It was all the rage in the 90's. I painted flowers on everything I could get my hands on.




Even ducks. That was acrylic paint and it's a whole other thing.




That loosey-goosey watercolor flower is certainly elusive and frustrating-but I'm not going to stop trying.




5 comments:

  1. All your work is lovely but I am crazy about that duck. Would love to hear more about acrylic paint and how it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summery and pretty! That china dish is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt you’ll master the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like them all. Your work is beautiful and I love that first dish by your Mom's friend. Mostly because it reminds me of my Grandma.
    The first painting with the yellow and purple flowers is stunning. I love that color combination.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree--I love the look of loosely painted flowers but it isn't as easy as it looks!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete