Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

The bottom half of the cow pile is finished. I had to play floss chicken to get it done. 



That caused me to have to order some more of the green I was out of and that led to.......



....a new project. You can't just order some floss and have to pay more in shipping than the floss so something else always has to jump in the cart. I was looking for something vintage looking and something in one color. 




I didn't know when I bought it that it was inspired by the designer's 1853 Maryland house that was built by a George Matter. I couldn't find anything online about the house so I'll have to take the designer's word for it. It's a lovely sampler no matter the origin and although it's rather autumnal, I think I'm going to spend the summer with it. 



5 comments:

  1. I always like Carriage House samplers. Always charming. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matter's Choice looks like it will be an interesting stitch. I don't think it really HAS a season. That one could be out all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when that happens! Ha! Your cow pile is so sweet. And the new sampler is nice too. I've never done an all one color piece before. It sounds challenging on the eyes.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cow pile is so cute! The new sampler is going to be lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. What very different patterns--you can work on which ever fits your fancy for the day!

    ReplyDelete