Thursday, June 1, 2023

June Resolution Roundup

 

I've got three projects left in the race to beat the end of the year. Number 21 didn't get finished this month but it will be done in the next few days. That leaves three more advent sweaters to go and plenty of time to get them done. 



Six more Audun squares are in the pile. I think I only need six more now. I'll have to count.



The outside rainbow and black border on Rainbow Kitty are done but I can't count this as an FO. You can still see some of the marker from the pattern so I'm going to have to do another single color round to hide it which won't be too bad.




And.....someone asked me about the difference between painting flowers in acrylic and in watercolor. With acrylic paint you can double load the brush with different colors to do all your shaping and shading. It's a trick you learn in tole painting class along with the basic strokes. The brush does all the work for you. I suppose you might be able to do that with watercolor if you've got good control over the water. I don't-but I'm working on it. 







8 comments:

  1. These all seem within easy reach!! What will you do with Rainbow Kitty once he/she is finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Vera already asked the question that I was going to post. What will you do with kitty? She (he?) is awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent progress! You’ll have all three goals met in no time. ❤️ Rainbow Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read a week's worth of your posts and will save us both some time by only commenting here. I'm impressed with how much you've gotten done while caring for The Mister. I bet you are tired and exhausted! I love all your stitching and your floral painting. The water colors look just as good as the acrylics, they are just different. I also love Audun and am going to go search for the pattern. It would be a great way to use up some of my scrap pile. That poor pile is almost as big as my full skein pile. No matter how many times I promise myself I won't buy more yarn, I can not get the piles to shrink. Apparently I lie a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are all so very pretty! Yay for Rainbow Kitty almost complete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbow Kitty is adorbs…I remember taking many tole painting classes in the 90’s…fun…
    that Audun is delightful…you are working hard along with being a nurse & driver! Best, V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always found watercolour terribly difficult! I'm amazed any anyone who can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rainbow Kitty is as good as finished! Yippee Yahoo! That's been a while in coming, but he was definitely worth the wait. And both you mini sweaters and Audun are in the last stretch. You're doing great. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete