Thursday, June 8, 2023

Charmed

 

It was my first day in ages that I didn't have to take The Mister to therapy and look what we had going on all day-again. My neighbor in the front was using our driveway to have three more giant trees cut down. That was the last of them in her backyard. Thank goodness. 



I tried drowning out the racket by using the sewing machine. Back in October I had started a DNP made out of my reject charm squares. 



I called it the Big Ugly Quilt because it most certainly is. It was supposed to be a joke for The Mister who hates all the quilts I make and always asks for something bigger and more colorful. 



This should do it. This is just the start. I've still got more rows to add on....




...and this many more ugly charm squares for a border or two. Now I need to go find some ugly yardage in the stash which won't be too hard to do. I was on a dress making binge a few years ago and have a bin of some really terrible stuff that I found on clearance.



6 comments:

  1. I don't think it's ugly at all. My favorite quilts are always scrappy ones. They remind me of the ones my grandma used to make.
    Hope the trees are finished soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! I hope the ASK before they clog up your driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were able to get out somehow! I agree with Dee. Sounds like you kept busy despite the racket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing that even the 'ugly' fabrics all look beautiful together! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete