Saturday, June 3, 2023

Baby Steps

 

At The Mister's very early PT session yesterday they graduated him from the walker to a cane. Hallelujah. I was so tired of hauling that thing up and down the stairs and in and out of the car. He can also do more for himself now like get up and down and dress and bathe which is a huge load off me. 



I celebrated back at home by not mowing the lawn (too hot), washing several loads of laundry in the tub (machine's still broke, no sign of repairman with the new part) and making some blueberry scones that were not terrible to eat but awful to look at. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I've yet to make a decent scone but that doesn't keep me from trying. 


6 comments:

  1. Bravo, to the Mister for his PT progression! Hopefully, now life will get easier for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the graduation! The scones look delicious!!!! I would love to sit down and eat one with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the Mister. I'm sure he is much happier now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that the cane is now being used. More freedom for both of you! Those scones look so yummy. I would love to share with you. I also wish you lived closer. You could bring your laundry here and we could sit and knit together while it was washing and drying.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scones look delicious to me! Congrats to the Mister for graduating to a cane. It has to be much easier for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear of his improvement! Those scones sure look yummy to me.

    ReplyDelete