Sunday, June 4, 2023

Brutus

 

This is Brutus. It's what The Mister calls his riding mower. 



Keeping up the grass is the job I dread the most but I always have a good time while I'm actually doing it. 


It's a lot of grass to cut but at least, unlike most housework, it stays looking good for at least a few days. I can vacuum and mop a hundred times a day and within minutes it looks like I never touched it. 


Yesterday I put my foot down with The Mister. He's been napping all day and then not being able to sleep at night which make him tired all day. I told him he's been training himself to be a permanent invalid with habits like that. I put him to work helping me with the laundry and made him take up some of his old hobbies instead of spending the day on the couch. Getting him back on track isn't going to be easy. He saw what my dad went through when he broke his artificial hip and he's been erring on the side of caution a bit too much. Maybe his upcoming surgeon visit can give him the confidence he needs to rejoin the land of the living. 


And a couple of you asked me about the yarn I was using for the socks I am working on. It's Regia's Gargia Color. I went looking for more and came up empty handed but....




...I did buy some more of this. After getting it here I realized that this colorway looks very familiar. I am pretty sure that I've already knit it before. In the big world of sock yarn, I really need to start branching out a bit. Regia and I need to take a break. 


 







5 comments:

  1. I used to love to mow the lawn but now that Bill has a zero-turn, I haven't mowed since! True-it does become too easy to stay in invalid mode long past when it is healthy to do so!!!! Good nudging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem is... Regia makes good hard wearing socks. I KNOW I'll buy some when I hit D.C. later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great on the mower. Riding mowers make the job so much easier and more fun.
    I'm glad you're getting The Mister up and about. He'll thank you for it in the long run, but I know it's not easy.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like mowing too. It's outside in the fresh air, you can get a little sun while you do it, you can see your progress and like you said, the job stays done for a few days. Mowing is probably my favorite household task. As for the Regia, it is awesome sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are going to have some very pretty socks! Hope your DH will listen to you; you have to keep moving, especially at my age.

    ReplyDelete