Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Old Friends

 

Remember me? My poor loom has been pushed into a corner while we made room for all of The Mister's special equipment. I gave her a good dusting off and actually wove a couple of inches on it yesterday morning before we went off to therapy. It felt good.



I could easily finish that towel in a few sittings but since I haven't got anything ready to replace it with I'm taking my time. I need 339 ends and I have 220. I'm getting close. 



That white warp is going to become one of these towels in a main color I haven't decided on yet. I remember being very excited with this draft at the time but I'm a little meh about it now to be honest. 



Another old friend that I spent some time with yesterday was the fall batik quilt. Five more center blocks are now done but I still have a long way to go.



And.....in the next chapter of The Mister's recovery-his first shopping trip. He's still not driving. He tried and he's not comfortable enough with that wonky leg just yet so after therapy we needed a few things from the store so I sent him in. I stayed in the car with Pup who was tired out from her long walk. The Mister's supposed to walk 100 yards a day so he might as well make them useful yards, right? Dad could always manage a cart and cane when I took him shopping with his bad hip so I was sure The Mister would be okay. He was. 








8 comments:

  1. A little bit every day makes a difference - both for the Mister and for your projects! Love those towels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what Vera said. Weaving always seems like magic to me and I really love both of those patterns. And hurrah for The Mister's first shopping trip. Good for him!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got back to your loom; that's going to be a pretty towel! Also happy to hear that your DH is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are all beautiful! I would never be able to keep up with what I was doing on each project and would probably spend hours trying to recreate what I had been doing. You make it seem so effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weaving is always so beautiful. I bet the Mister feels better being able to get up and move about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty weaving! There are so many crafts I wish I knew how to do: weaving is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad The Mister is getting out and about and doing things on his own. Your weaving is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow and steady works for husbands and for weaving! lol The new towel pattern is wow-not boring at all!

    ReplyDelete