This year the Tour is starting with a finish. Remember this pretty Polwarth/Silk?
The singles were done on Tuesday.
I chain plied them on Wednesday but had mechanical difficulties. The string that I subbed out for the broken band must have stretched out and nothing was doing what it should. I have no idea what this little doo hicky is that's on the wheel but it held the string out nicely so I could get the bobbin to spin again. I've got so much to learn about this spinning thing. Sigh....
I've also got to learn NOT to ply when I am watching an exciting Euro Cup match. There was a lot of energy in this yarn fresh off the wheel.
It did settle down nicely after a long hot bath and good beating. I am going to cake it up and turn it into mitts during the Tour. I'll put my other projects on hiatus for a bit while I use up some handspun. There's just too much of it to store away anymore.
But....now the Ladybug is empty and the Tour has begun. I'll have to go stash diving today to figure out a new project since this was supposed to be it.