Monday, May 17, 2021

Squeeeeee!!!!!


Yesterday Arne and Carlos did an episode about their new line of Lofoten sock yarn.  It's so pretty.



Yesterday afternoon I found this in my mailbox.



Last week they had briefly mentioned the yarn and showed it off a bit so I went looking for it and it was nowhere to be found here in the US. Later I found one vendor on Etsy who was selling the whole line for $128 with free shipping which in the world of sock yarn is practically giving it away.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I figure it's life insurance.



I saw a film recently where when Death came to get an ailing grandma she refused to go with him until the mitten she was knitting was finished. He patiently waited for her to cast off.  Since we've all had our mortality tested in the past few weeks over the loss of our dear blogger friend I figure now I can't won't be going anywhere until those eight pair are done. He'll just have to wait until at least Christmas 2022. That's one pair for everyone. 


Speaking of Christmas, I've got one more pair finished for the 2021 gift box. Those dreaded Felicis are a done deal thank goodness.



I've got eight pair in the gift box now but I'm not seeing any man socks. I've got a pair on the needles right now that will give me one. I need three more and then I can start the 2022 Lofoten Christmas knitting....squeeeee!




10 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty pile of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch of gorgeous socks!! Looks like you are set for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Debbie! That pile of socks is wonderful. I had decided in January to knit a pair a month this year. That was before we decided to move. I've only gotten 3 pair done. Oh well. There's always next year. I know you didn't like that Felici colorway, but I think it turned out great. Love thoes bright colors. The Arne and Carlos yarn is great to. I like how they stripe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your research, I just ordered mine! My mom died two months ago and left a nice yarn stash, which was divided up between her 5 daughters. I’ve already knit four pair from her yarn. Keeps her close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some beautiful sock yarn plans! Love the array of socks already finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ll love knitting with the Regia! It’s the only yarn I’ve seen that has a guarantee printed on the label.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome yarn! You are so amazing. You've already made more socks than I have in the past two years. And here I thought I was doing well finally finishing ONE pair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha . Im starting sock knitting again! SO THE LADY REFUSES TO DIE until she finishes her sock. Hmmmm, sounds about right to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that is a great deal! Love the finished Felicis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go! It will be fun to see hows these work up! :) I will no doubt leave lots of yarn and projects unfinished:)

    ReplyDelete