Saturday, May 15, 2021

On the Beach

 

It's felt like fall here all week and I love it. 



In spite of the cool weather the town is gearing up for tourist season so we thought we better visit some of the places that will start charging an entrance fee on Memorial Day.



Our town beach will only open to residents this year. Last year all the beaches were closed. 



It's a bit of a walk to get to this particular one but it's a lovely, shady stroll through the wetlands. 




There is a boardwalk too. We haven't been on it in a long while. Two years ago there was a landslide that closed it. Last it year it was Covid. It's a nice long walk that is perfect for cool weather. Hot summer weather-not so much. Let the tourists have it. I'll be back in the fall. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you're out and about again. The first photo of the beach needs to be framed! Have fun before the people arrive.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful. I need to get to the beach, it is so close but with work it is hard to do. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice!
    It's been quite sunny and comfortable here. It makes it hard to do the stuff I need to do indoors because I want to be outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got your time in before the place gets crazy busy.

    I live just south of a "kind-of" tourist town. It was already nutty crazy this week. I think the nice weather has brought the visitors out early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is getting to be fun to look ahead to things in hope that Covid is better controlled.!!! I love the walkway. Having just met crocodiles in the Waterways of Mexico, I can assume there are no man eaters in your wetlands?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to visit your beach and see the calming waves in the water! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete