Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Wednesday WIPs

 

I'm such a sad sack these days. Yesterday I was whining about not stitching because I was too cold and today I am going to excuse my lack of knitting progress on a big burn that goes down my right arm. The Mister, fresh off his cake making success, tried to make himself breakfast but left the skillet on the stove burner where it was smoking hot. I grabbed it just as he lunged for it and the oil in the pan splashed up and down my arm. Luckily I was next to the sink so a cold dunk saved the day. It hurt like heck but it's just a big ouchie and not something serious. 


You have no idea how many muscles you use in your arm until you sit down and try to knit after you've gotten a major ouchie like that. It hurt. Before all the drama I got a bit done last week. Socks, colorwork.....




....a few more rows of thrumming....




.....picking up one armhole's worth of stitches for some corrugated ribbing on Tracery. Goodness what a job.




And finally getting one side of the front placket finished on Lofoten only to rip it all out and do it again. This is the bad one. The good one looks better. There was too much white peeking out on this one. I'm going to have to adjust my expectations on getting these last two projects done before spring. It's not gonna happen. No way. I seriously underestimated how much work is left on all this finishing. It's a full time job. 





6 comments:

  1. Still Tuesday here but I am glad that your burn wasn't worse! I've slowed down on my knitting, too, thanks to sore thumbs. You sure have some nice projects in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I hope the burn is less painful tonight. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Burns hurt so badly. Ouch.
    Your projects are all looking really nice. I love that thrumming.
    No worries if they aren't done by spring. It's just a date. You make make it a week later if you want. lol
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your burn...if it isn't one thing it is another! Maybe stay out of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oil burns are painful - that good care of your arm. It’s perfectly fine to readjust your goal list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the burn! So relieved it isn't a second degree but still! The knitting looks beautiful and the finishing after steeks is very fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ow ow ow. Deb ,those burns are so painful. I hope you are ok. Al's Will had a horrible burn on his hand earlier this year. I cannot believe how beautifully it healed. I remember my parents putting BUTTER on our burns.

    ReplyDelete