Tuesday, March 23, 2021

TNT: A Whole Lot of Stiching

 

You see that flower in the vase? It took me two tries to get it right. You see that blue corner? It's not the same one I showed off last week. I had to rip it out and start over after I got the flower right because of course it made the corner wrong. Sigh. In other words, none of that stitching is the same as it was. It was all ripped out and redone over the week. It became an obsession to get it right. 



I used to hate this project thinking it was too hard but now it seems easy compared to the blankety blank Quaker. With everything touching like it does on the lawn you can't go too far wrong. I started the third row this week. I am two and a half grids in. 



I finished a third row on the hexie runner but now I am thinking I need to be more creative than just adding more rows. I think I need to applique this section down to something and build more rows around it leaving a space in between so it doesn't just look like a jumble but something planned. I think. Well, I guess I'll make more rows and see where it leads me. 


8 comments:

  1. I know you're frustrated with both projects at times but I think they are both great. I haven't cross-stitched since I finished the sheep virtues. I have them all done and put in a bag for the journey to NE. Once I actually see the house and know where I'm hanging it, I'll have it framed. I can't wait to hang it up.
    I also would like to make some ornaments for the kids for Christmas but that will have to wait until we get settled. I have no idea where my boxes of floss and fabric are. Ugh. Moving. I'm so ready to be done.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your obsession paid off - the sampler looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got as far as picking up my TN project and carrying it from the upstairs to the downstairs yesterday. But I did clean four feet of my kitchen which is my new goal - four feet of cleaning a day (vertical or horizontal) and I think that's enough. I've made so many shawls lately that I'm over them. My granddaughters call the "YaYa Hug Shawls" - YaYa being me and I have a hard time saying no to their requests!
    Love the idea of your hexie project - I think that could work out really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cross stitch is turning out beautifully because you won't settle for less--it shows! The hexies are turning out great and will be a great runner no matter how fancy you get with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been the week for naughty stitching. I stitched a snake four times before I realized the mistake was actually in the cat above the snake. SHEESH!

    Hopefully we are BOTH back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the things cross stitch taught me is that I seem to have a lot of trouble counting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps the main reason I no longer cross-stitch is that I had to fudge my stitches too often. Your projects look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that green is beautiful!!! You are multitalented for sure!!

    ReplyDelete