Wednesday, March 10, 2021

70

 

No. I didn't just turn 70. That's still a few years away but the temperature did turn 70 yesterday. It was glorious. It was in the 20's just the morning before. 



We took advantage of the nice day and went to check out the oyster incubators. No oysters yet. 




Then we stopped by the marina to visit my favorite slip. It's still unoccupied and I still couldn't talk The Mister into buying a boat to dock there. 




Back at home my favorite crocus clump was finally in bloom. I've been waiting and watching anxiously. It's smaller than usual this year so I'm worried. I need to remind myself to replant in the fall. I'd like to fill in that little bed with a riot of crocus colors. They make me so happy.





9 comments:

  1. The crocus is lovely and I'm glad you're getting warmer temperatures. It's supposed to be in the 50's here by the weekend. I hope so.
    Thank you for your sweet comment about Chloe. This trailer is so lonely without her. It's amazing how they fill a space with their presence. I'm taking her food and beds to a shelter tomorrow. We just bought 2 50 lb bags that were on sale. (It would have lasted a year!) Rather than take them back, I'm donating them to a rescue group like Chloe came from. Her beds too. I just can't look at them anymore. I start crying everytime I see them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was simply glorious! Glad you and The Mister could get out and enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocus are such happy looking flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that cheerful clump of crocus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. really needs to buy you that boat!

    It's was beautiful yesterday, and it's supposed to be warm(ish) until the weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest, but with rain. I'll take it. There's still a bit of ice and snow in my garden and I want it gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful days here, too! I am so thankful because I have two lovely neighbors who plant a beautiful garden in our shared space. I love wild flowers and somehow they always make the bed look like an English country garden. Seeing your crocuses made me really look forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes plant more Crocus ...yellow ones too! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 70 degree day had to be bliss! Didn't it feel good all the way into your bones?! Nice walk for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 70s are awesome. We hit 60s and tonight the winds are howling. We may be able to leave a window open awhile as we go to bed. I'll take it. I love your crocus. I actually, have to make a diagram of the little gardens so I remember in the Spring. We have a long long Novemberto almost May without a flower in sight. I always think I'll remember in Spring...now I know I made the drawing, but......where is it?

    ReplyDelete