Monday, March 1, 2021

Meteorological Spring

 

While The Mister played in the kitchen this weekend I tackled the items in my bin of shame. 



First Lofoten got her sleeves steeked.




The sleeves are knit together in the round and then steeked apart. Yes, it's as crazy as it sounds but it's done. 




Now I have to weave in all those ends and sew the cuff linings down before I can sew those sleeves in. Don't ask me why you need a cuff lining. I think the designer way overthought this sweater. There are a lot of steps I wish I had skipped. 




Also in the bin of shame is Tracery. I finally got the sleeves bound off together using an inside out 3 needle bind off. I still have to pick up and knit all those miles of bands but I am determined to get it and Lofoten out of the bin of shame before actual spring-which to me is always March 21. 







7 comments:

  1. I have always thought both are beautiful projects and I'm rooting for you on finishing before March 21. Guess what? Dennis has an unexpected appointment tomorrow for the 1st Pfizer vaccine! I'm so excited. Then I just have to wait for mine.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! Those are complicated steps but so close to the finish line, it will be good to stay focused! Beautiful knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steeking looks scary! Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m cheering for you! Your color work is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job....you are on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeking ...ahhhhhhh! In my opinion st seeking is for the experts. Like YOU. My autocorrect is misspelling it. sorry. I do think that some designers way overthink their patterns. We don't need them more complicated

    ReplyDelete