Tuesday, January 5, 2021

TNT: Promises Kept

 

I said I was going to do it and I have. I started that Vintage Avon crewel pillow cover. Yesterday I learned the split stitch.


I was so fired up by it I even got one more 10 by 10 block across the lawn finished. I now have one more shrub.



Since the scroll frame was empty I decided to roll this old WIP onto it. I am not sure if I will get much done on it in the near future....



...because I am still working on the Winter Patchwork project. I've got two evergreens now but I have to say that giant squirrel has me wondering. 

8 comments:

  1. Love, love them all. The crewel kit is familiar to me somehow. I must have seen it in a catalog or something.
    I want to work on the sheep virtues but my thumb/wrist is really hurting today. I did crochet a few rows and that wasn't too bad but knitting is out for now. Boo!
    Take care Debbie.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects! The squirrel is so cute - they always seem out of proportion (to my eye). That crewel pillow will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That squirrel is obviously a patron of Squirrelington's! They've gotten quite large here since I started feeding them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have the variety of samplers to work on! I'm glad you've brought back the sheep sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you’re going to enjoy the crewel project. I still display and use one I made in the 80s. Whoa, that is definitely a giant squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your crewel project! And thanks for reminding me to work on my stitchery WIPs. How is it I have so many WIPs of all types?

    ReplyDelete