I wanted to make a pair of mitts out of some pretty handspun I had finished during this year's TdF so I wound it up and stuck it into my yarn bowl and......uh, oh. It didn't fit. I use this bowl all the time for balls of yarn so I had to investigate.
Yup. It was big. Bigger than expected.
I had bought 4 ounces of this lovely Polwarth from a vendor on Etsy and I guess she threw in some extra for the ride.
I went back and looked at my posts from when I was spinning it but I didn't seem to have a problem getting it all on the Ladybug bobbin. It was chain plied.
Now it's becoming a pair of mitts and I suppose something else. There is going to be a heck of a lot left over.
That is some pretty yarn. How nice to get extra and not shorted on the fiber. I sure miss spinning. Your's looks so good.ReplyDelete
Beautiful colors. I vote for a hat to go with the mitts!ReplyDelete
Always good to get MORE than you expected. Happy knitting!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous yarn! You can't complain about extra yardage.ReplyDelete
A matching ear warmer perhaps:)ReplyDelete
Oooh, I love the knit fabric - it’s gorgeous yarn.ReplyDelete
Ohhhhhhh You could make them boot huggers! The young ones are wearing tights with hand knit tubes that go to their boot tops!ReplyDelete
Very pretty, nice to have extra.ReplyDelete
Oh, it is the prettiest yarn!!!! How nice to put it to such a perfect pattern!ReplyDelete