I said I was going to take the whole weekend off and loll around but then I remembered football season was coming to a close meaning my precious Sunday me time was going to disappear. I had one important job that needed to be done and I need lots of quiet time to do it.
There were five separate steeks on the body of Lofoten. Five.
I used the crochet method of reinforcement since the yarn was so bulky and it took forever.
It didn't help that I couldn't find one decent crochet hook in the whole house. I have no idea what I did with all mine. I could find this set of Knit Picks hooks but I'm not a fan though they are pretty.
I still have the giant sleeve steeks to do but I am going to use the back stitch method on them instead. In case you are wondering what you are looking at.....you knit both sleeve tops at the same time in the round and then cut them apart. Again....not a fan.
The good news is that it looks like it will fit. If Dumpy Debbie here can fit into it so can I.
The bad news is that this is all I have left of the main color that is used for the front placket. It isn't a very big area and the collar is actually in another color so it just might work. I'm hoping.