I didn't plan on getting fancy with the sashing to my snowflake quilt top but I did. I didn't have enough of any one piece of material to do the job so I ended up following the pattern. It was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. I proceeded with caution and measured out one cut at a time to avoid any drama.
There was some drama with all those little cornerstones but it all worked out. I couldn't be happier. I love it.
This is what I had left in the box of leftover blue material I was using and none of it would work for a backing so I spent an afternoon looking at pages of blue material that I hope will work. Why I can't ever remember to buy enough yardage for the backing while the collection is still in production I will never know. This is an all too familiar dilemma that I always seem to be getting myself into.