Friday, November 30, 2018

Getting Real

 All the stuff I had piled up in the soap room is now piled up in the middle of the living area. I used to have all this junk in the dining area but I think I need to make a change. That spot is where I have always wanted a fireplace but I am coming to realize that after 30 years of wishing, it's never going to happen so I might as well use that spot for something practical. After the holidays, I am going to Ikea and get what I need to arrange myself a sewing area that makes sense. For now I'll just have to deal with the clutter.



My first project in my new little clutter corner was the Raven towel. I trimmed them....



 ....and hemmed them. No drama.


Now I have to throw it into the wash for a wet finish. The hard part now is deciding what I want to put on the loom next. I've dug through the stash and none of my kits are calling to me. I guess I need to do some homework.

8 comments:

  1. It will be so much fun for you to organize a new sewing area. I love having a dedicated place for my sewing machine. Now if my back would just cooperate and let me sit at it for a while I could get some major sewing done. :-)
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried so hard to organize my craft area but somehow everything ends up being dumped there when I need more room in another room! I'll be glad to see your solution so maybe I'll be inspired and get some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would enjoy having a designated area so you could sew at a moment's notice when the mood strikes and then to just walk away when you are done is great, too! Nice job on the towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing seems (pun) to take up sew much room. :)
    I love your towels as always. They look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The towels are gorgeous! My sewing area is a MESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a decent space for sewing is vital to keep sewing enjoyable! That's something I've definitely learned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The towels are just beautiful! Yah for you deciding to create a sewing area. You will love it and wonder why you waited so long (goodbye fireplace idea). Looking forward to seeing your new craft area. Also, with all the DIY projects you and your husband have accomplished, this should be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're wise to create a sewing/crafting area and IKEA has some great ideas/products to make it your own. Love the hemmed towels.

    ReplyDelete