First the sweet. Even though I just wasn't into Halloween this year I had to make donuts.
My mom always made donuts on Halloween. It was the last thing she did at home before she went into the hospital for the last time so it's pretty non-negotiable. I nailed it this year. They were perfect.
The Mister carved a pumpkin while we sipped Bloody Marys and listened to Alexa's Halloween playlist.
Later on we had toasted pumpkin seeds for a snack.
Now the scary. One of the reasons I have not been in a very celebratory mood is because skating coach Daughter hadn't been feeling well all last week. Every night when she'd call me after work I could hear her getting sicker and sicker. By Sunday she had to leave work early and she could barely drive herself home. I was beside myself listening to her struggle while being so far away. I encouraged her to head over to the ER. Thank goodness she listened. She was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
All week long she was complaining about fumes in the rink from the broken Zamboni. The rink kept checking their detector and getting a safe reading. The hospital immediately called the fire department who took their detectors over and found unsafe levels in all the closed locker rooms and staff rooms. Wow.
For over a week everyone at the rink had been exposed to dangerous levels. Daughter is usually in the rink for 10-12 hours a day. She's doing better now but the headache and muscle aches won't go away. They tell her it could be over a month before they know if she will have any lasting damage. Poor thing.
When she called me from the ER and told me what they found and that they were putting her on oxygen I know I grew more than one gray hair. If this keeps up I won't need that gray witch wig for next Halloween. Good gracious.
I hope your dear daughter is feeling better soon. I would be pretty angry at that rink for putting so many in danger. In a rink there should be more than ONE detector. In our house we have four.ReplyDelete
Wow! Hope she turns out alright! How scary is that!ReplyDelete
First of all, the donuts look amazing.ReplyDelete
Second, oh your poor daughter and poor you. That is just too scary. I’m glad she finally went to the ER and the problem has been resolved. I’ll be praying for her complete healing from all of the nasty symptoms.
This is really scary. Wish your daighter a faster recovery.ReplyDelete
Sending prayers for your daughter and you. Thank goodness you encouraged her to go to the ER and thank God that she listened.ReplyDelete
I'm so glad she listened to you! No matter how old they get, being a parent never gets easier does it? Praying there's no lasting damage.ReplyDelete
Wow! How scary is that!!!! I am so glad you told her to go and she went for help! I do not take good health for granted....ReplyDelete
Whoa! Certainly glad your daughter went to the ER and that the fire department checked out the rink.ReplyDelete
That is scary! Sending her lots of good healing thoughts!ReplyDelete
That is so scary about your daughter being exposed to carbon monoxide! So glad she listened to you and went to the ER and is getting proper treatment. With the time she was spending there each day, no wonder she was getting sicker and sicker. Glad she is doing better and hope the headache and muscle aches go away soon! The donuts look so delicious!ReplyDelete
Thank goodness for daughters who listen to their wise mothers! That is so frightening! Hopefully, she and anyone else suffering from this will soon be completely well. It's certainly nothing I would have suspected! Your donuts look yummy and the pumpkin looks very jolly!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh. Your daughter is ok!! That is so scary! THank goodness she went in to the ER! Oh my.ReplyDelete
Oh my goodness. Thank goodness she listened to her Mom's advice. I bet she isn't the only one who didn't feel very good. I'll send good thoughts for her recovery.ReplyDelete
Geeze! No one needs a fright like that. Hope she is feeling much, much better.ReplyDelete
Wow! That is very scary and put a lot of folks in danger. Hope by now she's feeling much better and continues to improve.ReplyDelete
How scary, thank God she is okay. I pray there is no lasting damage, how could they be so negligent?ReplyDelete