I had plenty of two and a half inch squares that I cut from five inch charm squares but I didn't have a lot of variety. I was having a hard time not having the same ones match up in the sashing.
I went digging through Daddio's old box of charms and found lots of good contenders for this 30's reproduction quilt but....when I went to cut them up noticed that several packs were not cut correctly. Four and a half inch squares were not going to work. I was ticked.
I had to dig through more boxes but I came up with what I think is enough to make do.
There is still a lot of repetition but for a scrappy quilt I guess it will all work out in the end. I need to stop being so fussy and just get it done.