Sunday, September 23, 2018

A Rookie Mistake

 I made soap yesterday but this is all I have to show for it. A big mess to clean up.




 I should have known better. You NEVER do a big batch for an important occasion using a new color AND a new fragrance. It was a total disaster.



First, the minute the batter hit the colorant, the new blues turned a yucky gray. Ugh. I used up every other blue I had to try and fix it and now I have none left to redo the mess.



Then the new fragrance made all the batters lumpy. It was like pouring grayish blue cottage cheese in the molds. It's pretty hideous. If I had looked at the reviews I would have seen that this was an issue. It also stinks. It smells like baby wipes. A sniff out of the bottle wasn't too bad but now I have a whole house smelling like a diaper change. Yuck.




These THREE loaves, all 27 bars, are useless. What a waste. They were supposed to be for that December baby shower. You know, the one where all the invitation pieces got lost in the mail? Yeah, that one. This whole project is NOT off to a great start.

6 comments:

  1. This soap LOOKS good to me. I’m sorry that nothing turned out right for you though.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. So much work to waste. Although the colors look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! The soap does look lovely but I think I would agree with you about the "baby wipe" fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh im so sorry. Not sure my last comment went through.
    Im failing on all my new knits to some degree. So I started the easiest thing I could. A scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the soap looks alright. But I'm sure you'll manage something you like better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soap looks beautiful-can you wait for it to cure (and give yourself some space away from it!) before you decide for sure if it needs to be tossed!?

    ReplyDelete