Friday, September 7, 2018

Close Enough is Good Enough

 Uh, oh....if you notice the last clip on the left you can see my math was not exactly stellar in figuring out how long a sashing piece I needed for the outside edges.



 I was short by five on both sides but it was a quick fix.



Lining up all those places where the squares meet was no picnic but the job got done.  It's not perfect but it's close enough. The top is now in time out until the first football Sunday when I can drag all the stuff out and make a sandwich while The Mister and the critters are elsewhere.



I also finished picking out the last of the free motion gone wrong from the Thangles quilt. Now I need to work up the courage to take it back over to the machine for another go at it. I won't be fancy this time. Just plain old stippling.



 I was in a rush yesterday to get all the old quilting things out of the way because this showed up in the mail.



 Connecting Threads had the Glacier Peak collection in clearance and what could be more perfect for baby boy quilt for a winter themed shower?

8 comments:

  1. Well, I was thinking how pretty your first few pictures were and then I saw that fabric haul. I love those colors. I always tend to go for the blues and purples myself. I can’t wait to see you what you come up with for a quilt.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the new fabric pack is delicious! I was very tempted by that line of fabric! What pattern is calling you for the baby's quilt?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of the quilts you are working on are just beautiful. Really love how you did the borders for the dresden quilt. Those fabrics are just beautiful. What fun to see what you make with that beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics for a winter baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved pieced borders but I totally suck at making them!!!
    that quilt is going to be awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh baby shower gifts !! That grouping of bolts is beautiful. I love blues

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are lovely. Baby quilts are so much fun. I am currently working on a Christmas quilt for a new grandchild due this month. And yes, sometimes close is good enough.

    ReplyDelete