Tuesday, September 11, 2018

All Backed Up


I had said that I was going to sandwich up the 30's Dresden on the first football Sunday but I forgot I had to piece the back first and I was not feeling it.



 Instead I worked up the courage to meander all over three blocks of the Thangles quilt. It's not perfect but it's better. Much better and I had fun doing it.




I also did two sections of the hand quilting on Daddio's other Dresden. I really need to get this done. It's been marinating way too long in the hoop.



I also forgot about the backing material that came for Daddio's other Dresden. The brown one.



I bought some 108 inch wide fabric that was on sale for this one. No piecing, thank goodness. So maybe this one will get sandwiched next. Football is now here to stay. On Mondays, Thursdays AND Sundays. I just need to pick a day and stick to it.





6 comments:

  1. Daddio was a Dresden Machine!!!!
    Beautiful progress. Pack up your emergency knitting/quilting work while you wait for evac instructions! Concerned for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wide backs certainly take the dread out of preparing backings. I love the brown fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness football watchers must be very happy! 3 days now! And college on Saturdays. We are OU fans now that Al is in oklahoma and getting her masters there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All of those quilts. They are gorgeous. I have always had a fondness for the Dresden pattern.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful projects you are working on! I can't even pick a favorite. I love how you rotate your projects though I think I would have a hard time remembering my next step if I put it aside.

    ReplyDelete