Thursday, March 22, 2018

Snow Day


 This is what we expected to wake up to but we didn't. We had to wait a while for this to happen.



The snow didn't start around here until late yesterday morning and then it snowed like crazy all day. It's not good snow. It's wet and heavy. You don't want to be out in this stuff. You get soaked.




 We stayed in and put together my Ikea sink cabinet instead.



 It went off without a hitch. We are getting pretty good at this Ikea stuff.  We haven't actually put the cabinet in the bathroom yet because I still have to paint. We just wanted to get an idea of its size in order to do some wall repair where the old sink came out.



Later on I had time to finish plying the fiber on the Ladybug.



 Valerie gifted it to me. It's very pretty. I am pretty sure it is telling me it wants to be a shawl. I'm pretty sure it wants to be this one.



As a reward for finishing all that dreaded plying, I went through the fiber stash and decided on this beauty to spin next. It screams spring, right? I just wish Mother Nature was screaming it too.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that’s a lot of snow! I love how your plying turned out. It’s gorgeous! And look at you braving the snow to take a picture of it. Ha ha! I have saved that shawl pattern in my (Ravelry) library. I think I’ll be casting it on before long too. It’s beautiful. Stay warm and dry. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the heavy, wet stuff melts quickly!
    The yarn you plied is so pretty but the new fiber is radiant! Enjoy a good spin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two could go into business assembling Ikea stuff - lol. Both yarns are gorgeous and that shawl is a quick know. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The newly plied yarn will make a beautiful shawl. Yes, the yellow, green, and rose braid does look like "Spring" Happy Spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is pretty but enough is enough! Shawl looks like a good fit for your new yarn - Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not envy your snow. I came home to cold, but thankfully not snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah snow this time of year is just wrong....actually I don't like it at anytime but that's just me. I love that braid with all those spring colors though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yarn is going to make a BEAUTIFUL Close To You shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope those brave pansies survived. That is lovely yarn that will be an amazing CLOSE TO YOU SHAWL. Im all shawl knitting ...this week

    ReplyDelete