Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Tiny Needle Uh Oh...

 

The only thing I accomplished on the Cow Pile was the border. All I need is a few more flowers up top and it's a done deal. I wanted it to be done by July and I think it just might be.



I only had the new house's roof half finished last week and that other half was calling my name. I hate to leave motifs undone so I spent some time with it. 



I had a very few minutes with the Village Quaker on Sunday and did a flower and a Z. The flower is a mess. I had to make it up as I went along. I couldn't seem to count to 4 and I wasn't in the mood to do any ripping so I just made it work. Oh, well...only we know it's wrong. 




And for the uh, oh...one of the even stupider things I've done lately is this. I wanted to start the summer version of the patchwork collection but instead I spent the afternoon online trying to locate more of this fabric because for some idiotic reason I started the autumn sampler smack dab in the middle of a large piece of it when there should have been more than enough fabric for the last two. So I had to order more but.....



.....of course the 18 count Vintage Country Mocha was sold out everywhere in the US. I checked everywhere and I mean everywhere. I had to order it from an Etsy seller in Great Britain so it most likely won't be here until the end of June. Serves me right. The summer Patchwork will have to wait. 











9 comments:

  1. You're moving right along on all of your projects. Well, except the summer patchwork. :-) We've all done that same thing before. The little house is so pretty and delicate. It's time for me to start looking at cross-stitch Christmas ornaments for the family. Where is the year going anyway?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try 123 Stitch? Looks to me like they have our fabric! Your stitching is so pretty and everything is coming along - amazingly with all you've had going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first place I looked but it was out of stock. Since it was out of stock at every online stitching shop I could find, I was afraid it was going to be discontinued so I was desperate to find some. Hopefully it shows up from across the pond.

      Delete
  3. The stitching looks great--the cow stack will always make you smile it is so sweet! Sorry for the long wait on the vintage cloth--it's hard to be human!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your fabric gets "home" soon. You'll still have lots of summer time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see your pretty projects and a good reminder that I need to get some stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing with you at making up that flower. I did the same thing with the last thistle head! All those symbols were making me dizzy! I ended up just picking out colours and throwing them in wherever I felt they belonged, lol. It's not like anyone is going to sit and compare it to the chart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower, and all your stitching, looks great! Hope that fabric arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete