Monday, June 19, 2023

Catching Up

 

I had a monster headache that started on Friday and ran through the entire weekend. We had some important occasions happening over the weekend but I was too down and out to even notice. On Saturday, Middle Sister had a birthday. That's me, her and Little Sister back when life was simple and Tooth Fairies were real. 



Also on Saturday this guy's family had a big reunion in Virginia. The Mister's brother and sister drove all the way down to our house to pack him up to take him for the day so I could get some well earned down time. Of course, my headache ruined all my big alone time plans. I spent the day on the couch in the dark listening to audio books. No fun there. 




The other side of The Mister's family had a Father's Day cookout so the same brother drove all the way back down here on Sunday to pick him up again. Still feeling pretty awful, the most I could manage was a hasty Happy Father's Day text message to all the dads in my family. These two wild and crazy guys grew up to be the best dads. I have four grandsons between them and I hope they grow up to know how lucky they are to have such great dads. 



We also lucked out with a great SIL who is also an amazing dad to yet another grandson. The Grand total is five. 




And speaking of dads, it was a day to be thinking of how much I was missing my own. Honestly, he wasn't much of dad when I was growing up. He was barely 21 when I was born and still had a lot of wild oats to sow. That's him at work on the right with the line crew looking at the camera. Like many of his generation he took on too much responsibility too young and life was hard. I am so grateful I got to spend time with him in those last years to make up for a lot of hurt from years past. Families are complicated but thankfully time does have a tendency to heal all wounds. 







1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the headaches--I've been plagued for weeks. The new meds stopped the headache, mostly, but it makes me a bit vague, unfortunately. It's a good time to think about all the days in the family!

    ReplyDelete