Friday, June 30, 2023

Friday Fluff

 

I've been busy in my little spinning corner getting ready for the Tour. I've been watching an episode of the Netflix documentary Tour de France Unchained every night while working my way through that rainbow fiber I started ages ago to get it off the wheel in time for Le Grand Depart tomorrow.



My plan for this year was to see the back end of this little lady. 



That's Trinidad and I've been washing and dyeing her fleece since 2018 so I think it's time.



She started as a fairly clean almost 4 pound fleece that costs me $67. I've certainly got my money's worth. 


After washing she turned into a fluffy white cloud. 




For her first few Tours she spun up au naturel. I haven't knit any of it yet but I've got three skeins tucked away in the stash.


In 2020 I was tired of the white so she got a dye job.


This is always the fun part. 


She's been carded...



...made into rolags...



....and turned into the batts. Yep, I got my money's worth from the old girl-and then some because I still have quite a bit of that dyed fleece left. 














5 comments:

  1. Beautiful fluff! Enjoy your spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It will fun to see what you get this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all ready, too! Looks like a good spin ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! You've got some beauties to spin up this year. I loved seeing the progression from sheep to yarn! It always intrigues me how it works and turns out so beautiful.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete