Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Quiet Time

 

It's been a long time since my brain has been quiet enough to sit and hand sew anything but yesterday I managed to have a session in my sewing room. My hexie runner is getting its hexie flower border attached.



I pulled the next crazy Dear Jane block from the pile to work on. I got its lattice made but didn't get it sewn on.




And I've put one more row of blocks on the Big Ugly quilt and have started to put some orange sashing on it. I hope to get that sashing finished today and start a pieced border. I am having way too much fun with this crazy thing. It's very liberating not to have to care what it looks like. 



And....I have even more folks to thank for things that showed up in the mail today. I never expect anything when I send out soap. Taking it off my hands and showing some interest in it is enough for me but I also know how much fun it is to share. I have quite a collection of amazing things that have come my way over the years from you wonderful people. Thanks so much, nypeapod and Virginia for my latest surprises. They are much appreciated!



5 comments:

  1. Quiet time with a bit of hand sewing can be so meditative. Your work is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and not ugly at all. Poor quilt, being called ugly. Ha Ha! Although I really do like it a lot. Those hexies would drive me bonkers though. They're so little.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cool project bag that you were gifted.

    The fabric in the Dear Jane block is so sweet and that's a really interesting shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good lesson about the freedom with the 'crazy colored quilt'! The hexie runner is going to be stunnning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Ugly is not the least bit ugly! I'm in awe of the patience you must have to iron all those little hexies.

    ReplyDelete