Saturday, June 17, 2023

Oh, Snap...

 

This showed up at my door on Thursday. The ruler is to show that it's flat as a pancake. It is, in fact, a completely empty bag. From Amazon. For me. 



I didn't order an empty bag to be sent to me. That bag was supposed to hold a new 11 inch Q Snap. I agonized all week about spending the money on it since I already have two that are holding other projects. I hate to move projects back and forth. They need a dedicated frame and I was itching to start the Patchwork Ete sampler but had no frame. $22 is a lot for a piece of plastic but I've tried the knock offs and they just aren't as good. 



After spending several days hemming and hawing about it, I decided that if I can spend $200 a month on cat food then I can treat myself to another Q Snap so I went and ordered it only to have it be delayed and then NOT show up at all. While I was waiting I made it a matching grime catcher. I always get asked about them and in practice they are supposed to keep the edges of your project clean but I use them for holding patterns and scissor and floss and stuff. You can stick anything down inside them. 



I contacted customer service about the empty package and Amazon promised to send a replacement the next day and they did. Only by then I was too busy to get that project started. I had grass that needed to be cut.



3 comments:

  1. Maybe there will be rain this weekend and you can stay in and stitch.

    I broke one of the clamps on my 8" Q-snap. I thought you could get "parts" at Michaels. I was wrong. You have to buy the whole thing. Thankfully I had another Q- snap I could borrow from. Hopefully I won't break any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got a. new Q-snap and hope it arrives soon. We bought a collapsible wagon on Amazon and it was supposed to be delivered by today which is the only reason I went ahead and ordered it before we come home next month. It is to help carry groceries up on the elevator here at the condo. It is 7:25 pm and it hasn't arrived yet. We leave early tomorrow morning. Yikes. Three hours ago the update said it was three stops away. I don't want it to sit at the clubhouse for the next month. Oh well. We'll figure it out. It's always something isn't it?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now... I've gotten packages from Amazon with a lot of air in them... but none with only air!!!! I'm glad they were able to fix the problem quickly!

    ReplyDelete