Thursday, June 29, 2023

The Waiting Game

The tops of the two nautical placemats and two hot pads are finished. That's as far as I can go because I am waiting for some backing material. I tore my fabric stash up looking for something that would work and gave up and just ordered a couple of things I hope will work. Now I wait. 



I've got plenty to do while I am waiting. I've got all this sashing to put on the Big Ugly quilt. I'm also waiting for some binding material and some batting for it. 




Now the push is on to get the fall batik quilt finished before I need the machine for the Big Ugly. It's slow going though because I decided to get a bit fancy with it. I still have six center blocks to quilt and all that sashing. Wonky doesn't begin to describe what's going on here. Machine quilting is a skill I just don't have.  


 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely projects. Those batik fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d forgotten about the Fall batik quilt. I like the design and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Machine quilting on a regular machine is CRAZY difficult. So difficult that after trying it once, I said screw that! Now if I can't use my Mom's long arm, the quilt gets straight lines and that's it!!! You deserve huge kudos for even giving it a go - wonky result or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the patriotic placemats and hot pads! Nice work! You know the quilt will look great when you are done!

    ReplyDelete