Friday, June 16, 2023

All's Well That Ends Well

 

Cutting a towel off the loom is always scary. 



My brain nags at me and I always feel like I'm doing something wrong. 



It's like steeking. You just know it's all going to fall apart but it never actually does.





The cuts get zig zagged so everything stays where it's supposed to just fine.




I'm not very good at hemming but didn't have much trouble with this one.




It has to get a bath before I can trim up all those loose ends. 



Here's its mugshot fresh out of the wash and after a good pressing. It's finally ready to be put into use now. After it went through the wash that ridge disappeared. When I loosened the tension on the loom I think it relaxed and shifted a bit so it's not noticeable at all anymore. That's good to know.  




In between taking The Mister to therapy and picking him up yesterday, I got the new warp on the loom.




When he got home he helped me wind it on. Now comes my favorite part. I love the fiddliness of the next few steps. It will take forever from this point on but I'm in no rush. I've got more towels now that I ever will use. 








5 comments:

  1. Yay for the disappearing stripe. It really was not even visible on my monitor. Your towels are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!
    I feel that way about my quilts- I have way more than I will use, but I still love making them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful, beautiful towel. It all looks scary to me, even getting the new warp on. All of that thread! Oh my gosh! You are so skilled at so many things.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What s beautiful new towel!!!! You did a great job! Cool that you have the new warp on already.

    ReplyDelete