Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Pretty in Purple

 

This is the time of year when my usually sedate hostas put on a show. The whole length of my sidewalk is full of buzzing bees enjoying the blossoms as much as I am.



My mom's pot of mini hostas on the front porch also decided to go full bloom at the same time this year. 




Even the hydrangea that's at the end of the sidewalk has burst into all hues of purple blooms this year. It's quite spectacular out there and I didn't have to do a thing.




And......never say never. I swore up and down I would never try to grow anything edible again after my very expensive fails in years past but look what followed me home. These poor mangy tomatoes were only a $1 a piece and since I already had a bag of dirt leftover from my last try I thought why not. I'm going to pot them and put them in my wagon and roll them around out front in the sun and hope for the best. 
Happy Solstice!







5 comments:

  1. Such pretty blooms. Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect this year will be a good tomato year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flowers! It sure doesn't feel like summer here; yesterday morning it was rainy with temps in the 40s! It's still cloudy today but supposed to be nice tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blooms are beautiful! Our hydrangea didn't make it through the winter. Well, it DID, but it wasn't going to bloom as all the "old wood" died. My hostas haven't even set buds yet. Here's crossing my fingers that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hostas are beautiful--and to be care-free; that's the best! Hope the tomatoes do well!

    ReplyDelete