Thursday, June 22, 2023

Soggy

 

The summer solstice was a cool, rainy one here. It poured buckets and buckets. Instead of curling up on the couch with a cup of tea and my knitting I was on the road and turning a heel in the car. We needed a grocery pick up and since the weather only looked worse for the next few days, off we went.  



I also needed some bags of potting soil for my new tomatoes. I got drenched picking them up in the Walmart parking lot which was a small river. 



I bought some big grow bags for them since I had pitched the buckets I had used the last time I tried this folly




I had taken the tomatoes out of their containers when I got them home. They looked so unhappy in their tiny pots. I put them temporarily in the big pots I use for fleece prep not realizing it was going to be an all day soaker. They are swimming out there. I hope they'll be okay until I get a break in the weather. 





4 comments:

  1. Chilly and damp here too. I'm happy to stay inside today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun sock! It's been chilly and rainy here, too, but the sun's out today. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a LOT of rain! I like the pots for the tomatoes.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a week of soaking rain, too--enough already! the sock looks great!

    ReplyDelete