Monday, June 26, 2023

Ahoy Mateys!

 

Last October I made this little nautical DNP for one of the Grands. I had lots of leftovers that I put aside to make summer placemats.



Over the weekend it finally got warm enough to feel like summer so out they came and I got busy. 



It's just my usual placemat pattern and I had one done in no time. The placement of the red was driving me crazy. I had to rip out one whole side because I wasn't happy with where the red landed. I'm still not really happy with it but I'll work on the second one and see if it actually matters. I have a funny feeling I'm not going to be happy with where that red is no matter where I put it-but I'll get over it.



6 comments:

  1. I like it and the red gives it that POP of color that just makes the project.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super cute. And the red looks like it belongs to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty placemat! I actually think the red looks good in the corner - particularly with the dark blue down below and over one square. Look at it again tomorrow and you will probably like it. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! They look great.

    ReplyDelete