Monday, June 12, 2023

Humble Pie

 

I'm at the end of my second Winter Lichen towel. I've been really enjoying this project and marveling at how drama free it's been. Until yesterday.



I wear really strong reading glasses when I weave but somehow I missed this. It's hard to see but there is a thick green ridge going down the middle of my towel. 




It seems I managed to put 4 ends into one of the slots in the reed instead of two resulting in a bump down the length of the thing. Darn it. 



On a much happier note, this pretty tin of tea showed up on my doorstep on Sunday from one of you lovely folks. When I opened it, The Mister said he wished I could make a soap that smelled so good. It's got a place of honor among my precious tea ware. Thanks so much D! 


7 comments:

  1. The green ridge is simply a lovely design feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd mind the green ridge. The towel is lovely.

    Your tin of tea does look nice among the tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty towel - I love it just as it is. Harney & Sons make fantastic tea. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would let it go--the green strip is not noticeable to the majority of us! It is a beautiful towel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty towel! That ridge which I can barely see makes the towel unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one will see that green ridge except you! It's a beautiful towel.
    The tin is a beautiful one and as Dee said, it looks beautiful with the tea cups.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks just fine with the ridge. It's just an extra absorbency strip! Lol

    ReplyDelete