Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Potato Chip Knitting

Knitting is a great stress reliever and after the events of Monday, I've been knitting like the wind-when I am not stuffing myself with junk food. I never was much of a stress eater but lately only a bag of chips will get me where I want to go. I handled Monday pretty well, knowing that level headed Son would take care of himself just fine. Yesterday was another matter. I bawled pretty much all day at everything. The sight of our town flags at a mournful half mast sent me into a tizzy that I couldn't recover from gracefully. It was an all day ugly cry.

I can report that in spite of my hopefully temporary lapse of sanity, the Pimpelliese is now done and I am happy to say that unlike my latest Color Affection, it turned out exactly as expected. This is not a shawl but an around the neck thingy. It was easy to spin, easy to knit, easy to block and it's going to be easy to wear. This is the second one I've made and I am pretty sure there may be another-and maybe even another after that. Let's just hope I will be knitting it for fun and not as a remedy.

5 comments:

  1. I hope the week picks up for you. Thinking of you all lots from this side of the pond. I love the colours in the pimpelliese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you - be gentle with yourself as delayed shock can be a savage beast.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pimpelliese is looking good! It's nice when a knit comes together - especially after a few shocking days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww its lovely. Im sorry for your tough day. Knitting can rescue us can't it? Those horrid events take a toll and have a ripple ripple effect for any and all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl looks great.
    Go slow and think good thoughts. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete