Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fried Green Tomatoes and a Birthday

 Little Sister, whose birthday it is today, saw my post about my green tomato fail and felt sorry for me. She had a bumper crop this year so she packed some up and brought them down on a recent stopover at Daddio's.

 This time they were perfect.


 After a good dredging in lightly salted flour and a slopping into an egg wash...

 ...they were pan fried to a crispy golden brown.


They were awfully yummy. I like them best when the tomato inside is still a bit crisp. I ate every single one of them all by myself without a smidgen of shame because I only do this once a year.

3 comments:

  1. Im happy you can eat and enjoy something. It will
    be hard for a while you know. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the last few weeks you've had - I think you deserve to enjoy Every.Single.Bite!

    ReplyDelete